Finally this weekend I did a project that I have been postponing for a while. A succulent terrarium, It is really easy and awfully cute. Below are my how-to steps. I highly recommend it!
SUPPLIES
GLASS CONTAINER: If you are using succulents, it is best to have a glass container with a large opening. Succulents prefer dry, desert-like conditions.
ROCKS: You need a bag of rocks for drainage and air circulation for the roots.
HORTICULTURAL CHARCOAL: This is the second layer in the terrarium. This helps lessen the chance of any molds or bacteria.
HORTICULTURAL CHARCOAL: This is the second layer in the terrarium. This helps lessen the chance of any molds or bacteria.
SOIL: Use cactus soil, or potting soil mixed with sand. Succulents and cacti need soil that have extra good drainage.
PLANTS: When you pick the succulents, select ones with similar sun conditions.
Pour around 2" layer of rocks, smoothed them out and then pour in 1"-1 1/2" layer of charcoal.
Pour in soil 2-3" and smooth out evenly.
Plant the succulents, Arrange them before planting so you can decide what set up you like better. I went through a few configurations before deciding on the winning one.
Plant them and pack the soil surrounding them. If you are using cacti, make sure to use thongs to move them around, I tried without them and got pocked more than once.
Care: Water every 2-3 weeks. Test the moisture of the soil before you water.
So easy and also almost no care needed. Perfect for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment