Our old apartment kitchen was small and the oven was used primarily for storage. This made cooking a little difficult, so take-out was common, we would flip the coin each time to see who would call, place the order, and deal with "Sonia", who can never seem to hear our 3 digit security code. "pliz, el codigo de seguridad"
It was not until a couple of months ago that I developed an addiction to baking. Now, I bake at least a few times a week. Of course my first couple of baking sessions were a disaster, and my poor husband was the one trying my failed attempts. God bless him, he always said ,"yummy"
Only after a couple of rubbery cupcakes, watery cookies and uneatable frosting, Hubby is still putting in requests for more.
So today I decided to share my new found joy!!
It was not until a couple of months ago that I developed an addiction to baking. Now, I bake at least a few times a week. Of course my first couple of baking sessions were a disaster, and my poor husband was the one trying my failed attempts. God bless him, he always said ,"yummy"
Only after a couple of rubbery cupcakes, watery cookies and uneatable frosting, Hubby is still putting in requests for more.
So today I decided to share my new found joy!!
My hubby's favorite cookies, Cherry & Chocolate chip Oatmeal cookies....
I try to do a healthier version, if there is such thing as healthy cookies, by using less butter making the cookies crispy.
I also make dairy free version, for those who have dairy allergy. I replace the butter with soy butter, the chocolate with semisweet chocolate and the cooking spray with olive oil spray.
I also make dairy free version, for those who have dairy allergy. I replace the butter with soy butter, the chocolate with semisweet chocolate and the cooking spray with olive oil spray.
Ingredients:
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
3/4 cup dried cherries
1/3 cup chocolate chip cookies
cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spoon Flour into measuring cup; level with a knife.
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda, and
salt (i like to add a bit of baking powder to make the cookies a little less dense), stir with a whisk. - Place butter and sugar in a bowl. beat at medium speed until well blended
- Add vanilla and egg; beat well.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating until blended.
- Add cherries and chips; beat at low speed until blended.
- Use a spoon sprayed with cooking oil to drop dough 2 inches apart, onto coated baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 12 minutes or lightly browned.
- Enjoy!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment